Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas List

OK, what does an avid homebrewer want for Christmas?

My Honay has allowed me to take over most of the garage to brew. I even installed 2 new electrical circuits last weekend. That's 35 amps of 110 just for beer. Nice deal, eh?

Since I have a great system already (ha!) upgrades are nice:

A LOGO

Another brew kettle with propane burner ($40 at Home Depot on the post- thanksgiving sale...)
Heat Stick (DIY project)
A Keggle (keg converted into a boil kettle... nommmmmmmmm)
A grain mill for bulk grain purchase / crushing (I CRUSH YOU!)
3 gallon better bottles I guess. Glass is nice, but hard to find.
Books: How To Brew by John Palmer,
I'd like to have a nice work shirt with my LOGO on it
Labels with the new exciting logo on it

A "tier" system to work on might be nice. I saw one that was built on a hand-truck (dolly) one time that looked like it would be pretty slick, but I think that a gravity fed, 3-tier system is a nice plan. Pumps just sound like a lot of extra cleaning and headache.

There is something called a "tap-a-draft" system which kind-of "kegs" 6 liters. That would be cool for festivals (though I would actually have to PLAN for something to go to the festival, and... yeah... not so good at that...)

People say- "Why Don't you want a kegging system, Andrew?" Well I look at it like this- I give away about half of what I brew. And I like to brew frequently. So Bottling works fine. And besides, I would need another refrigerator to put the kegs in, then there is the never-ending desire to upgrade the kegging system. More valves, regulators, getting CO2, etc. It's just more headache than I want to deal with. So I can continue blissfully bottling for a little while. Thank you though, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment