Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Peach Pie in the bottle

Bottled the peach pie today. Actually, de-labeled and cleaned 50 bottles. I have this obsession with collecting bottles. Typically, I bottle into champagne bottles and 1-liter SanPell bottles. I have a couple hundred of them. Far more than I could ever use at one time. Seriously, I need a counselor. Because I picked up 4 more cases this week.

Ok, the beer- had been on the peaches for 9 days, they began getting somewhat pale and some pieces were becoming loose, so into the bottle it goes. This also means it will be ready for Christmas :)

Bottled this batch into mostly small bottles for giving away. Also a swing top pirate bottle, a 3 liter ginormous champagne bottle. The flavor was pretty good, peach flavor apparent. Not sweet enough (1.010 fg) so I added 4oz of lactose, which should give some creaminess and sweetness.

I'm not very confidant in this brew, guess we'll see in about 10 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment