Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Happy Brew Day!

Today I woke up and started getting ready to brew. Well, it was not to be in the morning. It took until 3 to get free from other responsibilities.

As it turned out, not only did I get a couple of sweet batches made, Jeremy dropped by to join me for a couple of Hot Scotchies. Well, hot Jack-ies, but same concept :)

I'm proud to say that I did a good job of keeping records! Gravities for first runnings and OG for each batch. I also controlled the fermentation temp to be exactly where I wanted, which is tough sometimes.

The brew stand worked exactly as hoped. The only real struggle was that the second brew sparge went really slowly. I'm still not sure why, as I looked carefully at the mash tun after emptying the spent grain, and everything looked as it should. I'll take a look on the next brew and see how to adjust it.

Coffee Stout and Portly Squirrel. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment