Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving of Beer

What did I do homebrew this weekend?

I brought homebrew on the trip from Chandler to Lubbock to share with the family and friends. Nice of me, right?

I picked up a few brews which we can't get in Phoenix.

Looked at a bunch of "Black Friday" sales on the internet and drooled and drooled...
At This 10 gallon Igloo mash tun
At Grogtag Gift Certificate deals 
At Hops by the pound at NikoBrew


I bought Brad Smith's Book from Amazon (using Brad's Link Here)

Now, I'm setting up my profiles in BeerSmith so I can start using the program I bought about 9 months ago.  I'm watching videos and playing with the program.

Last night I went to Lone Star Oyster Bar.  This is where I started liking Anchor Steam- they would keep one out on the back bar for me at room temp.  When poured into a cold mug, it came to about 55 degrees and bingo- love it.  Sadly, today there is no Anchor Steam.  The only "craft" beer available was Lone Star Bock.  It's not too shabby.  But there is NO APA's, only Light Lagers (Miller Lite, Coors Light, Bud Light) and Lagers (Shiner Bock [in a bottle, not on draft] and Budweiser) Notably absent is Sierra Nevada, Sam Adams, Fat Tire, or anything resembling a micro-beer.

Sad news indeed.

Also- I made a bacon tower yesterday

No comments:

Post a Comment