Tuesday, December 27, 2011

What an AWESOME Christmas- I got a grain mill for crushing grains, so I can now buy bulk :)

Also, this- http://blichmannengineering.com/boilermaker/boilermaker.html It's like getting the Cadillac Mercedes of brew kettles- SO freaking awesome.

So now it's time to get the 3-tier system going- I obsessed all day about how to build it efficiently and so it works.

Also brewed the gluten free batch which actually tasted pretty beer-like.  I toasted some steel-cut oats for a nutty flavor and to give it some mouthfeel, along with quinoa which I hope will also contribute some flavor.  It was hopped with Calypso and Cascade.

Brewed a stout for the raspberry stout- I think I'll be using flavorings for it rather than actual fruit because the though of buying 5 POUNDS of raspberries seems to be more $ than I want to invest.  Maybe I'll split it into 2 batches and do one with fruit and one with berries... I used the yeast cake from SesameStreet Amber and it's fermenting like a champ, just 12 hours after I racked it.

Also brewed the second round of Oxy-Clean, a fan favorite.

Bottled Sesame Street amber and another batch of Rosemary IPA.

What a GREAT day after Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment