Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Bourbon Stout Experiment

I brewed a very tasty coffee stout.  It's the second time, and after fermenting for 10 days- it's yummy.

Can I leave it well enough alone?  Of course not.

After listening to Basic Brewing Radio podcast regarding a bourbon stout experiment, I decided that my absolute love for Full Sail Black Gold has overwhelmed my brain.

I split the coffee stout- 3 gallons in a small carboy with 2 ounces of Oak Chips to ferment for another 10 days.

I added 3 ounces of Evan Williams to the 3 gallons of Coffee Stout in the bottling bucket.  Then I bottled half.

Next, added 1 1/2 additional ounces (essentially doubling the bourbon) to the remaining gallon and a half.  Bottled that.

Looking forward to results in about a month. Or 2.

Because Sean tells me I need to learn patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment