Sunday, February 12, 2012

Down-Time

Not feeling too well- some nasty cold.

Anyways, I took this time to look at beer labels.  I'm really struggling with a logo.

What do I want in a logo? And what about a label? I tend to mix the 2 together, so bear with me.

I want it to be able to fit onto a beer bottle CAP and still be recognizable.  I think the DaH part helps with that.

DaH Brew is about sharing, science, creating, fun, friends, and deliciousness.

I'm drawn to more industrial/scientific images than to antique/hand-crafted images

The label needs to be simple to alter in Illustrator for new brews.

Sans-serif. Stupid serifs get stuck on everything.

I definitely want a QR code on it.  I'm not a big QR'er, but I do think it is good- at least to give the drinker a potential introduction to the blog.  If I'm clever, I could link it to the "Untappd" page for the beer... hmmm...

Also the DahBrew.com web address somewhere, because when you are drinking a homebrew, you don't naturally think "oh, I should check out the website for this beer!"

Those are my thoughts at this point.  I've been pinterest-ing interesting labels for quick reference.

I also "claimed" my brewery on Untappd

No comments:

Post a Comment