Monday, February 27, 2012

SUCCESS!

In the last 36 hours, I brewed 3 batches of beer.

The empty interior of a fermentation fridge, though easy to clean, is a sad, sad sight.

Let's not dwell on the past, let's embrace and celebrate the NOW!  # happy, 5-gallon carboys are basking in the glory.

Yesterday, the brew of OxyClan for the 3rd batch.  This time, Zynthos hops.  I've not quite decided whether I will dry=hop with Nelson, Citra, or Zynthos.  That's a week away, so no worries.

Today, a double batch.  First time brewing the Rosemary IPA as all grain.  It had been extract up until now, so I'm anxious to see the difference. 

Second, "Night at the Movies" Pale.  Made with popcorn.  Yes, 2 pounds of air-popped Jiffy Pop.  I heard about the Popcorn Pilsner which won Gold at GABF and thought- YES!  I LOVE popcorn.  So I gave it a try.  I could have used WAY more popcorn though.  It "melts" down in the mash water so much that I probably could have used 5 lbs.

One thing I've thought about lately is these "big" beers.  I have noticed my beers getting higher and higher in alcohol content.  This is not beneficial.  I like to drink several beers.  Having 1 or 2 is just no fun!  SO, with that in mind I'm not going to be brewing up these high alcohol beers again for a while.  OR, I'm going to adjust the recipies to lower the alcohol.  Which should work fine.

I had to brew on the back patio tonight because it was SO windy in the driveway.  Great thing is... the triple stand loaded full, will travel through the doorways with no problem.  So I loaded it up and wheeled it through the house, and it work perfectly.

Now- sleep.  Must. Sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment