Thursday, March 1, 2012

Crisis!!!

So upon inspecting my babies yesterday morning, one of the fermenters had blown off its airlock.  You'd think that I would, at some point, learn to put a blow-off tube on all the carboys for the first few days.

I cleaned up the mess and re-adjusted everything...

And apparently did not place the temperature sensor for the controlled, back in the freezer.

Needless to say, this morning I found 3 big ice-filled containers of what I had hoped was going to be beer, sitting in my fermenter.

Not sure how this is all going to roll out- I suppose it could just warm up and keep going, I can re-pitch the yeast and let it finish off, or I can create half-fermented beer pops.  Which isn't a terrible idea, as I see it.

2 comments:

  1. Scrape this ice, re-pitch some yeast and say you were making an eisbock. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all bubbling away nicely now. Though I know there will be effects of stressing the yeast, just won't know what those effects will be yet

    ReplyDelete