Sunday, March 4, 2012

Another Saturday

So I wanted to find out- why, oh why, did the Portly Squirrel morph into the Arc Porter?  I have changed a few ingredients, but not to the extent that it should become the roasty thick porter that it is now.  Well, the most recent batch is the same.  So I'm still confused.

However, this brings me to 65 gallons brewed so far in 2012.

The legal limit is 200 gallons.

Sigh.  I think that I will now have to teach Bonnie to brew and be her "co-brewer.  That will allow me some room to brew for contests under the 200 gallon limit, in my own name.

Also on Saturday was a beer fest.  It was fine.  The Great AZ Beer Fest.  Lots of lines, however "knowing" people can relly prove a benefit to this problem.  We didn't wait in any lines.  WooHoo!

The frozen beers are fermenting again, looking no worse for the wear.  HOWEVER, this kind of temperature variation causes a lot of stress on the yeast which produces off- flavors.

Certainly there will be something different about these beers from their "normal" counterparts.  Imagine if it created the most perfect brew in the universe, and now I have to cold crash the fermentation 3 days after it starts, every time.  That would be a huge pain in the butt.

And delicious :)

No comments:

Post a Comment