Friday, March 2, 2012

NHC Entries

The National Homebrew Competition is the brewing competition part of the National Homebrewers Conference.  I got tickets to the conference, so why not pick up some medals while I'm there ;)

It's an intense competition, with over 7000 entries.  These are divided amongst 10 judging centers across the country.

I am entered into the San Diego judging center for First Round.  As I write this, I think- gosh, with all the homebrewers in California, am I putting myself into the most difficult competition center?  It really doesn't matter- there are great homebrewers everywhere entering. 

The beers are judged in the first round at the San Diego site.  Whoever wins first place in each category, at each judging center, moves on to second round.  There are now 10 beers in each category to be judged.

Can you imagine being in charge of these cellars?  SERIOUSLY, that would be a HUGE job...

I entered:

Right Red Rye
Rosemary IPA (Rosemary's IPBaby)
Sesame Street Amber
Arc Porter
Bonnie's Brown
It's A Peach (peach wheat)

The last time I made Portly Squirrel, it ended up as Arc Porter, so - no Portly Squirrel to enter :(

Our homebrew club picks up the shipping costs on sending the beer to San Diego, which is quite significant.

Thanks, world!  Send good beer thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment