Monday, April 23, 2012

Ever had a dry spell?...

Hello friends!

It has been a LONG time since I did anything "beer related".  I think it was... 6 days ago at the AZ Society of Homebrewers meeting. http://club.azhomebrewers.org/ And brewing that day before the meeting.

I haven't even rinsed bottles.

Currently in the fermenter, sitting patiently waiting for me, are an OxyClean with 2 oz of Citra dry hops, and a Belgian Blonde with Sorachi Ace hops.  I think this should be a pretty interesting beer- the lemon/dill of the Sorachi Ace with the esters of the Belgian yeast.  To be fair, I did use dry yeast, so the "Belgian" quality will not be very pronounced, and I think it will be a nice summer beer.

On the way to my 4th, 17 hour day at work I listened to this podcast.  It's my buddies at Masters of None, at the Bluepoint Cask Ale Festival in Long Island, NY.  They were pouring my Cake and a Card Porter and soliciting reviews.  Masters of None at Blue Point Cask Beer Festival

It's nice to hear how excited they are about the beer!  There are many people sampling it and some reviews are raving about it, some are more... reserved.  Essentially, it was a "Novelty" beer and I had a great time making it.  I know that Mike and Jay liked it, and I'm sure if Art ever gets to try it, he will too.

Next brew day: Sunday the 29th.  Or I may perish.

No comments:

Post a Comment