Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Brewing is FUN!

MAN, is brewing fun!

On Saturday, I brewed the base for Grilled Lemon Cream Ale.

I don't say I brewed Grilled Lemon Cream ALe (GLCA) because the highlight is in the secondary with the grilled lemons, so... I brewed a Cream Ale.

Why did I brew this?  Because my good friends LOVE this beer. And why do I brew?  To share beer with people.

I've always been the crafty one in the house- making mothers day presents with the kids, painting the kitchen just because I wanted to see what the new color would look like.  I have the Pinterest page, my wife loathes Pinterest.

Sharing beer that I have made, with equipment that I built, is about the pinnacle of manly crafting.  I don't feel the need to do scrapbooks and knitting and such- these things are mind-numbingly boring to me.  I will however encourage my children to do these things if it's something they like.

I love brewing because It is a multi-tasker's HEAVEN! I mean... you can make brewing a slow, easy day (which I do sometimes) or you can make it a frantic, have 6 irons in the fire, organizational THRILL RIDE (which I do most often)

I'll start a series of the process soon so you dedicated readers can better understand the way breing works.  I mean, this is all duplication because SHEESH!  there are a million web-pages dedicated to it, thousands of youtube videos, and many many books.  Still- I'm freaking hilarious ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment