Sunday, October 7, 2012

Oktoberfest- the day of MAGIC!

Saturday was a beautiful day- perfect weather for a beer festival.

ASH had its annual Oktoberfest and it was awesome.  I spent more than half my time at the front gate scanning in members and giving wrist-bands.  My daughter made pretzel necklaces and gave them out, and my son tormented her for hours.  It was so fun!

Also, I brought radios for us to use to communicate from the front gate with the children.  My son changed his channel to the one the event organizers were using, so he could torment them too.

There is a local BBQ club who does a cook-off, and of course there is a raffle, and the awarding of medals for  the top brewers.

Yes, I won 2 medals- gold for Grilled Lemon Cream Ale in Fruit Beer, and gold in 10A American Amber for my Arizona Copper Ale.  Yay!

I head the announcement for the Amber, but I was getting my dad a beer when they announced the GLCA gold, so... I missed the jumping and screaming portion of the award ;)

WHY was I the only one jumping and screaming?  Seriously? Everyone else smiles and shakes hands... I scream and yell and jump in a circle.

So anyways, I want to thank the Event coordinator, David Schollmeyer, and the Competition coordinator, Barry Weeg, and our ASH President, Rob Fullmer OllLlo l o llo lolllo , for all the work they do. 

Check out http://www.azhomebrewers.org

No comments:

Post a Comment