Monday, January 7, 2013

It was a "me day"

OK, the wife is out of town.  I spent Saturday playing with the kids, watching kid movies on the couch, and goofing around with them.

Sunday is my day :)

I woke up at 9 AM and got to brewing around 10:30.  I decided to do the single hop beers for my upcoming brew class

In order to give a bit more complexity to the beer, I ran off the first gallon of wort ( 50% 2-row, 50% Golden Promise) and reduced it to 1/2.  This will introduce kettle caramelization to the beer which should be a nice flavor.  I didn't want to much up the hops by getting a bunch of malts in there.

At the same time, I bottled the Centennial Beer,

When that was finished, we went to a function for some friends.  More on that later...

After returning home, I decided to brew a Belgian blonde ale for a client of mine whose wedding we are catering.  I haven't even told them I'm doing it, but - they like craft beer and specifically mentioned Belgians.

At the same time, I bottled that porter I had in the fermenter.

The entire time I watched Game of Thrones to get ready for my GoT brew, pending my decision on what to do with it.

Damn fine day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment