Wednesday, January 23, 2013

It's 1:30 AM. Do you know where your children are?

Yes, I'm up at a stupid time of night.

The shocking thing is, I'm NOT watching a rediculous tv show or anything.

I realized that this w close tommy lt chance to make pickles for the homebrew smoke-out on Saturday. Since I decided that my stupid life is too busy to prepare meat to smoke, I made hop pickles.  And hop salt. Because condiments count!

Hop pickles:

2 lbs perisn cucumbers, ends removed and pickles quartered
1/2 yellow onion
4 garlic cloves, smashed
2 g Citra hops, whole leaf

-set aside

2 1/2 cups vinegar
3/4 cups sugar
1/2 tsp salt
5g black peppercorns, whole
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1/4 tsp turmeric
1 cup water

Bring all to a boil for one minute
Cool for 5 minutes.
Pour over pickle/onion/garlic/hop mixture.
Eat in 3 days

I placed a 1 gallon Ziplock  baggie on top of the mixture, in the bowl, to ensure that the pickles remained submerged.

These are good for up to a month in the fridge.

Also, they could taste like crap. So- don't cry to me

I also did a version with Columbus hops and my Centennial ale.

1 comment:

  1. Am I going to have to get on Facebook just to know when you brew?! What is the Homebrewing smokeout?

    ReplyDelete