Monday, January 21, 2013

Epic Brew Day

Since my lovely wife was out of town and I had the kids and house to manage all week, I was a busy fella.  Before she came home, she said "Plan a brew day on Sunday and invite friends!"

Never one to back down from a challenge ;)  I invited our homebrew group on Facebook to join me.

I had a few people come by, and one friend brought his brew system to do a brew of his own.

I brewed 3 batches- an extract amber for a charity poker night, one of the Game of Thrones challenges- house of Arryn, and one of the single hop series for my class.

Because my fermenters were full, I bottled 2 batches on Saturday and on Sunday, while brewing 3 batches, I simultaneously bottled another batch.

Let me tell ya- considering I had so much going on at the same time, it went exceptionally well.  I don't think I missed any of my procedures, and I hit my gravity numbers on all the batches.

The only small hiccup was that I forgot to put the rose hips in on my Arryn brew until flameout.  WHICH, I can correct by boiling some rose hips in water for 10 minutes and adding it to the fermenter today or- most likely- next week.

SO- a great day, fun friends, and great brews ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment