Thursday, May 16, 2013

WF Class number 2

The most recent homebrew class for Whole Foods was moved to an alternate venue.  A scheduling conflict at Whole Foods prompted this move, which turned out to be awesome!

We met at Sleepy Dog Brewery in Tempe, on University.  They always have some nice stuff on draft.

At first it was a bit dicey- there were 10 people in the place, randomly spread throughout the space, and the students (and I) were not sure exactly how to arrange ourselves.

Everything worked out and I did my presentation on beer ingredients.  After an hour and a half, I had gotten through the material and we opened up with some questions for the Sleepy Dog brewer, Rob.  He was very forthcoming and everyone had a great time.

(Why do I feel like this blog is written in the style of my 5th grade son?)

ANYWAYS, one thing that I really liked was the Rob shared his water treatment techniques- he uses Tempe municipal water run through a carbon filter to scrub out the chlorine.  That's it- it goes to show that you don't have to "build your water up from zero" to get some great brews.

Now- GO BREW!

No comments:

Post a Comment